Saturday, August 6, 2011

2012: Movie Geek Heaven


We've still got a good 5 months to go for 2011 but my mouth has already been watering from anticipation for the coming year. With the exception of a few, the movies I've seen so far in Two-O-Eleven have been quite lukewarm. The line-up scheduled for next year on the other hand looks pretty darn impressive.
The Amazing Spiderman (still not in favour of making a reboot too early but I'm a massive fan of Director Marc Webb, plus Andrew Garfield is impressive too), Dark Knight Rises (I wanted to book my ticket way back in 2008), The Avengers (gonna be epic), The Hobbit (at last!!), Bourne Legacy (interesting to see how the franchise does without Jason Bourne), Django Unchained (hey, its Tarantino!), and Brave (finally a new ORIGINAL movie from Pixar) are probably ones that make me want to book early tickets the most.

My favourite year in terms of movie going so far has been 2008. That was the year when some of my all-time favourites like The Dark Knight, Iron Man, and Wall-E were carved in cinematic history. I also loved amongst others The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Wrestler, Frost/Nixon, Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, The Incredible Hulk, Slumdog Millionaire (despite only getting to see it in 2009), and also enjoyed Tropic Thunder, Wanted, and Quantum Of Solace. Let's hope 2011 surpasses that lot.

The Mayans had predicted the world would end in 2012. If so, at least it'll be bowing out on a high on movie terms (hopefully). Here's a trailer of The Amazing Spiderman which is scheduled for 3 July 2012.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...