Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Halloween: Tribute To Horror Movies


I know that Halloween and Trick or Treat is more of an American culture and not really practiced in other parts of the world but I just can't help being fascinated by the entire thing. I would loved to had a childhood planning and making different costumes every year for the event. I also get excited by fancy dress parties but unfortunately living here in Malaysia, they are pretty hard to come by. Maybe this is why attending a Comic-Con, possibly the ones in New York or San Diego is high on my bucket-list.

With Halloween just a week away, I had originally wanted to come-up with a new list for this blog, this time for my favourite horror movies. But then I realized that I haven't watched enough horror movies to create a good enough list. You see horror isn't actually my favourite genre. So I'll try to add to my movie-reserve and hopefully come-up with a decent list come the same time next year. But as for now, I'll just leave you with this video tribute to horror movies which was shown at the 2010 Oscars. See how many of the movies you recognize or have seen? I have no idea what Edward Scissorhands [1990] and Twilight [2008] are doing in the video though. I love Edward Scissorhands [1990] but no way is it a horror movie. As for Twilight, seriously? Twilight? Maybe the acting was so awful that they thought it was a horror movie. Also don't forget to check out the pure and utter joy visibly seen on Quentin Tarantino's face at 3:26 of the video. That was the expression of of a true and genuine movie geek. Priceless. (Oh yeah, he's also in the actual tribute along with George Clooney for From Dusk Till Dawn [1996])


11 comments:

  1. cool blog bro! thanks for visiting mine... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously...blog kor cool...salute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeap, a cool blog and honest (about not listing the horror movie).

    Yeap, Twilight is certainly a no no for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you like Halloween in the U.S. you should see it in NYC. Also, since New Yorkers have a penchant for dressing up, check out the Mermaid Parade at Coney Island to mark the beginning of summer and the opening of the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds extremely interesting! Thanks for the suggestion and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://biggbosslive.in/hiten-tejwani-biography-wiki-details-age-wife-kids/
    Vikas Gupta Bio
    Puneesh Sharma Bio

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...