Sunday, October 2, 2011

Welcome Back TV Shows!!

The summer has now ended which signals two things: (1) the end of big summer blockbuster movie season, and (2) the start of the fall TV season. I kind off miss my favourite TV shows, although having said that I still managed to keep myself entertained with a few new shows over the summer. The one that I was most hooked on was Suits. The show is completely brilliant and I am seriously waiting for its new season. Other series I followed last summer was Alphas, Death Valley, and the second season of Masterchef.

Suits
The past few weeks however marks the return of more familiar favourites of mine:

How I Met Your Mother (season 7)


The news out there is that the show has been renewed until season 8, so that means we still won't know who the mother is this year. Has anybody else notice that nowadays there's even less of Barney's signature catch-phrases like "LEGEN.. wait for it.. DARY", "SUIT UP!", "True Story!!" or any mention of "The Bro Code"? Truth be told, for the last couple of seasons the show has pretty much been on a decline. But its still entertaining enough to keep me on as a follower.

Modern Family (season 3)


The second season wasn't as strong as its first (although it was back to fine form for the final few episodes) but it still managed to dominate at the recent Emmy Awards. They've replaced baby Lily with  a much older actor now who can speak so it'll be interesting to see how that works out.

Community (season 3)


There was much disappointment that the show didn't manage even a single nomination at the Emmy Awards. It really is a gigantic mystery because Community is without even an ounce of doubt in my mind, one the best comedies been made in a very long time.

Parks And Recreation (season 4)


I started watching this show rather late (during season 3). I have now since laughed my head off through the earlier seasons and am sure it'll be the same for season 4.

House MD (season 8)


New season only starts this week, and boy have I been waiting for it. I'm extremely excited to see how things will unfold following the big cast shake-up. Rumours has it that this will be the final season, if that be the case, hopefully it'll bow out on a high.

30 Rock (season 6)


Also only starting this week. Interesting to see which stars will be made guests this season. I'm pretty confident it'll be great no matter who they are because to me Tina Fey possesses a Midas Touch.

*update: apparently the new season has been put on hold because of Tina Fey's pregnancy

New Girl (new series)


Okay, I'm giving this show a try mainly because I like Zooey Deschanel and her quirkiness. The season premier wasn't that good but I'm still willing to give a few more episodes a try. The second episode showed improvements, but it still has a long way to go to challenge the likes of Community or Modern Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...