Monday, December 19, 2011

Babe-O-Licious: Olivia Thirlby


What originally started out as a very self-indulgent segment, Babe-O-Licious seems to have generated pretty heavy web traffic (well for my blog's standard at least). Was there really any doubt that sex sells? So, I've began thinking who to feature for this 3rd instalment of the series. I wanted to avoid the established beauties like Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox and instead just focus on actresses who are young and upcoming. So a prompt deliberation had me narrowing it down to two people. For the first hottie on my mind, I failed to find enough quality photos so decided to save her for some other time in the future. Now, the second babe is still a few months shy of reaching 18 years old, so that rules her out of the picture for the moment as it will be a tad too creepy if I did feature her. I then began thinking about what movies will becoming out soon and I that's when I found my girl. Introducing the captivating Olivia Thirlby, star of next week's alien invasion flick, The Darkest Hour.



Continuing the tradition of the previous two Babe-O-Licious hotties (Odette Annable and Laura VanderVoort), I also first noticed Olivia from a TV Series. It was the thrilling but short-lived show, Kidnapped [2006-2007]. But yeah, she is probably best recognised (for now at least) for her role as Ellen Page's best friend in the Oscar nominated movie, Juno [2007].



Born in New York City on October 6th, 1986, she made her film debut in the 9/11 plane hijack drama, United 93 [2006] and has also been in movies such as The Wackness [2008], New York, I Love You [2009], and No Strings Attached [2011].


She is also part of the animated TV series, Good Vibes [2011 - ] alongside Adam Brody, Jake Busey, Josh Gad, and Danny McBride. She'll also be seen in the upcoming movie Margaret [2011]. In case there's confusion, no, this is not the upcoming Margaret Thatcher biopic staring Meryl Streep. That movie is called The Iron Lady [2012]. I, for one, am particularly interested to see her in the remake of Dredd [2012].



Olivia has also publicly come out as bisexual and has been described by Vanity Fair magazine as a member of "Hollywood's New Wave".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...