Thursday, January 26, 2012

Babe-O-Licious: Emily VanCamp


Today's entry will once and for all eliminate any lingering doubt (if there actually were any in the first place) that this particular segment of mine is entirely self-indulgent and frivolous. Why? Because I have actually NEVER seen any of the work done by this person whom I picked as the fourth entry for Babe-O-Licious. Yup, I've only seen a few photos on the web and clips of her on YouTube. That of course is entirely my own fault as she's been in what I gather are some rather popular TV shows. The person in mention is the ultra-alluring actress who goes by the name of Emily VanCamp.



Emily first greeted the world with her presence on May 12, 1986 in Port Perry, Ontario, Canada. She then left home at the early age of 11 (wow, that's a pretty young age indeed to be leaving home) to study ballet in Montreal. After a few years she decided dancing was not for her and soon fell in love with acting. Among the films she has been in so far are horror flicks The Ring Two [2005] alongside Naomi Watts and also Carriers [2009] which also featured Chris Pine and Piper Perabo. But from my short "research" on the Internet (in other words, using the highly "sophisticated" methods of referring to IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes), her movie that I would like to check out first is Norman [2011], an independent feature also starring Dan Byrd.



She is however mostly recognised for her roles on the popular TV shows, Everwood [2002-2006] and Brothers & Sisters [2006-2011]. As mentioned, I have not seen both series but I am aware of the fact that the divinely enchanting beauty whom I bestowed as my very first Babe-O-Licious entry, Odette Annable, also had a role on the latter show. Emily is now the headliner for a brand new series titled Revenge [2011- ] alongside Madeleine Stowe.



She stands at 5 feet 8 inches and speaks French fluently as she was raised speaking the language. More and more people are beginning to recognise her beauty as proven when BuddyTV ranked her as high as number 4 on their list of TV's 100 Sexiest Women Of 2011 (that other Babe-O-Licious gal I mentioned earlier was at number 2!). Hmm, it might be time for me give that show, Revenge [2011- ] a try now.....




2 comments:

  1. awek revenge! good show...great leading lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... aku x penah tgk pon cite tuh... but it looks like i'll have to now...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...