Monday, February 20, 2012

Creating The Flying House From "Up" In Real Life


Okay, this apparently has been out for quite a while already, but somehow I was only made aware of its existence yesterday after seeing it in a TV commercial. That glorious scene where a house had been made to fly by using balloons as seen in the majestic Pixar film, Up [2009], has already been turned into reality. This project was brought to life by National Geographic for its TV show How Hard Can It Be? [2011]. I've never seen the series but I reckon its quite similar to Mythbusters [2003 - ].

One particular comment on the clip's Youtube page caught my attention. Someone had made this particular remark: "The title of this video should be: Adults wanting to be children again...". Another user thankfully retorted with: "The creative adult is the child who survived". I simply loved that riposte!! I believe that quote was originally from the mind of author Ursula K. Le Guin, where the full version goes:

"The creative adult is the child who survived after the world tried killing them, making them 'grown up'. The creative adult is the child who survived the blandness of schooling, the unhelpful words of bad teachers, and the nay-saying words of the world. The creative adult is in essence simply that, a child".

I wholeheartedly believe that embracing your inner-child is hugely UNDER-rated. And that's where the magic of Pixar comes to play. They often time and again unleash that inner-child trapped within you. Darn, makes me even more looking forward towards the release of Pixar's Brave [2012] later this year. But for now, here's the clip I promised:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...