Thursday, April 12, 2012

Babe-O-Licious: Saoirse Ronan


Today, the 12th of April 2012 marks the 18th birthday for one Saoirse Ronan. By now reaching the landmark age of 18, I can officially call her a "babe" without sounding excessively creepy. Moderately creepy maybe, but not excessively. So happy birthday Saoirse and I welcome you in becoming the 5th member of my self-indulgent and pathetic segment known as Babe-O-Licious. But first off all, lets address the giant elephant in the room. How on God's polluted planet do we even pronounce your name? "People crucify my name," this Irish lass has said somewhere in an interview. "I've had 'Sor-shur', 'Surika', 'Say-or-eys', 'Sureese'... completely wrong." So what's the right way? "There's a few different ways. 'Seer-sha' is how I would say it. As in 'Inertia' (you know, physics)."





Aside from being physically attractive, I'd also have to say that she beats-off Jennifer Lawrence in a close-fight to be crowned as the best young actress in Hollywood today. In short, I really do consider her to be "the next big thing" in terms of talented women on the silver screen. In fact she is the 7th youngest person to be nominated as Best Supporting Actress at The Academy Awards. She achieved that at the age of 13 for her role in the movie Atonement [2007], which also starred Keira Knightley and James McAvoy. My favourite role of her's so far was in the movie Hanna [2011]. That movie was just OK for me, but Saoirse's portrayal of the kid-assassin, Hanna Heller was just total bad-ass. In fact that character is one of my 7 Favourite Movie Secret Agents.



She was also the lead in Peter Jackson's The Lovely Bones [2009], has acted alongside Ed Harris, Jim Sturgess, and Colin Farrell in The Way Back [2010], and provided the voice in the English version of The Secret World Of Arietty (Kari-gurashi no Arietti) [2010]. She'll be seen next in an adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's (author of the Twilight series) novel, The Host [2013]. She was initially cast in The Hobbit [2012], but dropped out because the filming schedule was too long and she wanted to focus on different projects. I particularly think she would have made a perfect elf. One movie of hers that I'm interested in seeing is Violet & Daisy [2011] but there's still no news of a release date.



Finally I found this clip of her where she is being asked about the topic of Twilight [2008]. Embedding for the clip has been disabled but you can view it here. She gave a diplomatic answer, probably because she'll be in Stephenie Meyer's The Host [2013] as mentioned above, but her reaction at the end just tells you that she doesn't enjoy the movies. Attagirl, that just made you even more cooler in my book! Love Peter Jackson's response in the clip too: "Is this a soccer team?"


10 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is only 18. So talented! She is already such an magnetic actress. I hope she won't face the same fate like K. stewart after "The Host" premiers. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rather than Kristen Stewart, I hope she doesn't face the same fate as another Twilight actress, Dakota Fanning. They're the same age too. Dakota is extremely talented but seems to have fallen off the map lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoyeah, agreed! Her eyes get me every time.

    Lily Collins too. Ronan is more talented, no doubt. But they're both baaabes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mamu: In Lily Collins' case, its not the eyes, but the eye-brows.. hahaha.. just kidding, she's cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow cool clip. Didn't realise she had such a strong accent! Yeah she was awesome in Hanna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pete... I love that distinct Irish accent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know that she'll be in The Host, that should be interesting. She's one of the young actress I love to see, so young yet so cool in his action scenes. Her look is a bit odd, but beautiful. She does have a very promising future ahead. Nice post, Asrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Andina. The future definitely seems bright for her..

    ReplyDelete
  9. About Dakota fanning, its true, shes losing it, and now i can tell that one of my favorite ones i her ister Elle that is very good and young actress, and very beautyful.
    This young actresses like Saoirse Ronan, Elle Fanning, Chloe Grace Moretz are taking a big and good rols and i hope continue like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Elle Fanning too. Wouldn't mind her sister making a good comeback though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...