Friday, May 4, 2012

Indie Poster Makeover For Summer Blockbusters

Just like most other movie-buffs, I simply love Indie Films. They are a real showcase of great stories and characters. However I'm not like some film-snobs who have no room for blockbuster types of movies. Truth is I freakin' love summer-blockbusters! In fact 2012 happens to be my most anticipated summer in a very long time. It also has taken-off to a good start with the mind-blowing flick The Avengers [2012] which was released last week (except for the USA which only begins this week). There was a blogathon going around were bloggers chose their favourite year for movies. At first I considered the year 1994 or 2008 as my favourite, but then came to the realization that 2012 could very well turn out to be the best for me.

Well, the creative guys at Next Movie have come up with a way to combine both type of movies. Here are 10 posters for this year's summer blockbusters being re-imagined as Indie films. Yup, not only are they different in budget and stories, but also in the overall feel of their marketing, including posters. I even like the taglines that they feature below, like the one for The Amazing Spider-Man: "A touching and affecting re-telling of a classic story". Also I absolutely adore the one for The Dark Knight Rises where they list "From the director of Insomnia", instead of going with a more obvious route like "Inception" or "The Dark Knight".

p/s: Today, the 4th of May is Star Wars Day. So Happy Star Wars Day and may the fourth be with you!











11 comments:

  1. Very cool thanks for sharing! I like the Spiderman and Avengers ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are awesome! SWATH and Total Recall are beuatiful in their simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn! These are really cool and I actually think could work all by themselves. They're all so good but the most original one I thought was Battleship. Just brings me back to the Hasbro days. Nice stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. battleship ngan prometheus ... I would buy that..smart gila

    oh and happy star wars day man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys for the comments, seems like everyone has their own favourites... mine would be Spiderman, Expendables, and GI Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God, I LOVE THESE!
    Can't even pick a favourite :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Mamu: all of them are good, thats for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! Especially like the Prometheus and Battleship posters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Eric. Its all credit to the guys at NextMovie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting concept. It seems the Avengers poster adapted the kids are alright poster? I like most of them, especially MIB 3 and Expendables 2. Great post, Asrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andina.. yeah, I thought the same thing too, and it is probably based on The Kids Are Allright.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...