Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Goonies + Prometheus Mashup


I was expecting the summer blockbuster season this to be mind-blowing, but so far only The Avengers [2012] and Prometheus [2012] has fulfilled my excitement. Others like Dark Shadows [2012] and Snow White And The Huntsman [2012] was rather disappointing, especially that Burton-Depp flick (the latter movie was OK). But I'm still holding out hope that the rest of the summer will be a hit. Away from the big-budgeted blockbusters I'm really interested in seeing Moonrise Kingdom [2012] and Safety Not Guaranteed [2012] but there is yet to be a cinematic release date here in the country I live in. Hope that'll be settled soon.

Frankly speaking, I was rather surprised by quite a lot of bad reception that went Prometheus' way. Like I said, I think it was one of the more entertaining movies of the year so far. Oh well, you can't satisfy everybody. By the way I found this entertaining clip where footage of one of my favourite films, The Goonies [1985] was paired with audio from the trailer for Prometheus. The result is rather impressive. Never could I have imagined that Chunk's "Truffle Shuffle" (photo above) could be so terrifying!

2 comments:

  1. Allright that was clever. If they used the original footage of Chunk crying when he meets Sloth it would have been a great mashup

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Vern. that would have been great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...