Sunday, November 18, 2012

Parody/Short: Gotham High & Old School Vs New School

Man, I don't remember the last time I've posted on a weekend. It must have been ages ago. But like it really matters because I'm not actually writing anything but just sharing two cool videos I've discovered. Here they are, enjoy!

#Parody: Gotham High


Now, this one is very clever indeed. A trailer made in the high-school comedy format for characters from the Batman films. It even has the smaller and less known roles like Gotham News reporter, Mike Engel (which was played Anthony Michael Hall) and Mayor, Anthony Garcia from The Dark Knight [2008]. The catch to this video is that it uses footage from the real actor's previous films, mainly 10 Things I Hate About You [1999], which is a movie I seriously need to see again. It is told from the perspective of Larisa Oleynik (what ever happened to her?) and try to guess what character she plays in this Batman universe. Some footage like Heath Ledger's Joker and Anne Hathaway's Selina Kyle fits perfectly. The editing and voice-over is top-notch and I almost wish this trailer was true. I guess, with Disney owning Marvel something similar could really happen in the future (I know Batman isn't Marvel...). Made by Movie Trailers.



#Short Film: Old School Vs New School


Made by freddiew, this short film tells the story of the world being invaded by old-school style video game characters. It is left to the new-school video game characters to protect us. Despite being surrounded by hardcore video-gamers in my life, I've never been one myself, so I don't recognize some of the video games in the clip. Still enjoyed it though. Makes me even more anticipated for Wreck-It Ralph [2012] that finally opens in my country in a couple weeks time.

6 comments:

  1. Gotham High is very smart... It took me a while to realize it's a compilation... Got me really excited... "Is this a real movie????? Owh, wait... Damnnnn"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same feeling. If I hadn't known the films involved, I might have believed this was real!

      Delete
  2. would make a nice movie/hbo mini series. gotham high ftw!


    Latest Review: SAVAGES - Unrated:
    http://www.sinema.my/movie-review-savages-alaa-yang-ada-lagu-yuna-tuh/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could even make a good Disney Channel/MTV show too.

      Delete
  3. That Gotham High one is a hoot! I didn't realize Robin and The Joker used to go to the same high school, ahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? That's The Joker? ahahaha ;P

      Didn't know Bruce Wayne and The Peguin went to the same school either.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...