Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Happy Halloween: Inspired By The Movies

Original image from here
Its October already which means Halloween month has arrived. Yes, that celebration which seems to be fully rejoiced ONLY in the United States. Which is a quite shame because that means in my part of the world, Halloween basically is non-existent. Despite not being a horror fan, I find the whole celebration of Halloween, from trick-or-treat to haunted theme parks to the festivities to be very fun and appealing. The horror movie genre is growing on me however.

Today I've decided to compile features from all corners of the globe which were inspired by horror movies. I got this idea from Andina's "Inspired By..." series at here fabulous blog Inspired Ground (don't worry I asked her permission). You guys should check the blog out especially those particular series mentioned. As a movie lover, its great to see all such of things being inspired by the movies.

# There Are Other People Out There, Like Me, That Can Do What I Do!

The first thing on the list, technically isn't something "inspired by". Its actually what I believe to be a promotion campaign for movie the Carrie [2013] which will be opening soon. Yes its a remake of the 1976 classic and this time stars Chloe Graze Moretz. Here we get to see an orchestrated hidden camera prank inside of a coffee shop. A girl freaks out and blasts-out super telekinetic powers. This video is awesome in so many ways. I know I'd freak out if I was there as a customer at the time. The reactions of the people in the coffee shop is priceless. You can see one person screaming and backing-off but still attempting to record the astonishing events on her phone! One comment on the Youtube page sums things up niceley: "This generation is fucked, we will record anything up until our moment of death".



# Don't You Want A Balloon?

Have you ever seen Stephen Kings's IT [1990]? The character, a clown named Pennywise and played by Tim Curry will spook the living daylights out of you. I listed Pennywise before in my 10 Childhood Nightmares, but truth is, he still creeps me out to this very day! Well, clearly inspired that movie, someone decided to dress-upped like the character and lurk mysteriously on the streets of Northamptom, England. The clown  even has its very own Facebook page! Now I know I'd freak out if one day I looked out of my window and saw him waving towards me!





# Horror Foods: Yum Or Yuck?

Fact: the visual presentations of food will influence our appetite. But what if they were based on horror movies that are usually associated with gore? However the ones featured here don't really look that bad and I won't mind eating them myself. Here are some pretty amazing cake pops (and a cream pop at the end) that can be found AND ordered at Lou Lou P's Delight. This is only a tiny bit of what they offer. Browse their page for more fabulous bespoke cakes and edible artistries.







Okay this next one is based on a movie that can barely consider itself horror. Kinda pseudo-horror. Its an A3 size cake made by Heartache Cakes:


Anyone a fan of coffee? Well Japanese artist, Kazuki Yamamoto creates some outstanding latte arts. The ones featured here are the ones that I could tie-in with today's horror theme. But do check out his page for loads more latte arts (including incredible 3D latte arts). Can you guess the movies these are based on?





# Come Out And Play!

Finally we have a collection of Legos inspired by horror movies. I know there's a lot of short films featuring Legos out there, but I'll just post photos here for the time being. Again, can you name the movies they are from?

Image source here
Image source here
Image source here
Image source here
Image source here
Image source here

13 comments:

  1. Holy crap, those coffee designs are amazing! Great post, and thanks for reminding me why clowns are so creepy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kazuki Yamamoto creates great coffee designs, I particularly love his 3D designs. He even uploads video tutorials on how make them on Youtube!

      Delete
  2. I'm with Brittani. Those coffee designs are insane!

    I think you should start the revolution. October 31, 2013: You should go trick- or- treating.

    I'm sure it won't be awkward. At all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.... totally won't be awkward. With the power of social media nowadays I could even set-up up a campaign to start a massive Halloween revolution here. Heck, some TV channel might even want to record my journey as a reality show! Wishful thinking indeed!

      Delete
  3. ko tau...gambo badut tu #3 seram nak mampus...waving in the dark like that...kalau aku either aku langgor dia org mmg zoom away terus...LOL
    as for the food...I'd eat that!

    and

    the ring (it took me awhile)
    sinister (duh)
    The shinning
    The Shinning?
    Friday the 13th
    Shaun of the Dead ( a fav)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ada org siap report kat polis yg dia ketuk tingkap rumah org and offer utk cat rumah walaupon dia xde bwk cat lg... super creepy!!

      and

      all correct movies!!

      Delete
  4. I'm always terrified of clowns even before I saw IT, now I always shudder when I see one! Those coffee designs and Legos are awesome, great stuff Asrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Northampton clown really is spooky.... and brave!! You never know how people would react... it could be dangerous to him!

      Those coffee design are truly a work of art!

      Delete
  5. I didn't think you post it this soon :) thanks for the kind words. I saw the Psycho scene of Lego, might want to post it too (I am checking out your post just in case we have the same subject :)) ). Those horror foods, I don't know if I can eat them! Haven't watched IT but that's one scary clown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.... I'm kinda busy nowadays so when I have an idea for a post I just write them up quicky... not much research or leaving it in draft. From the foods... I'll actually give em a try!
      They're making a remake of IT soon.... but I suggest you watch the original first. Its creepy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...