Sunday, May 4, 2014

May 4th: Star Wars Day And Audrey Hepburn

photo from www.etsy.com
Today, May 4th is Star Wars Day.  So, being the geek that I am.... Happy Star Wars Day folks and May the 4th be with you!!

Today, is also what would have been Audrey Hepburn's 85th birthday. I love Audrey. Sure, I don't personally know her, but I think she is the most elegant woman to have ever graced the planet.

So, I've decided to give tribute to both today. Luckily, I found the photos above and below that combines the two. Audrey is know for having said some great quotes in her life. One of them, "Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'm possible!" could have easily been given as advice to Luke Skywalker. Apparently Yoda agrees with Audrey, hence his advice "Do, or do not! There is no try!" given to Luke in Return Of The Jedi [1983]


Both photos above from www.etsy.com
I've always been a huge Star Wars fan. Its the movie that I quote the most (I quote movies in my conversations every single day). Plus I always joke around that 23.5% of George Lucas' wealth has come directly from me. I've lost count on how many action figures, lightsabers, VHSs, DVDs, Blurays, replica of the Millenium Falcon, Darth Vader helmet, and other merchandises that I have owned throughout my life.

This past week, news broke out of the confirmed cast for Episode VII. Made me even more excited for the movie that is coming out next year. And I honestly believe J.J Abrams will do a great job on it.

Oh, and check out my list of Favorite Star Wars Characters that I made in February 2012. This blog was still in its infancy back then, and I believe that my writing, well STILL HASN'T improved!! But again happy Star Wars Day!!

Photo from here
Photo from here

Now on to Audrey. In my blog post 100 Film Facts About Me, I wrote this down: "Forget the origin story of Captain America, here's a true story. At sometime during the 1920s, scientists performed a top secret genetic engineering experiment to create the perfect female specimen: An exceptional woman with a face radiating with explicit beauty, mannerisms that illuminates with elegance, and an accent and speaking voice of unequivocal delicacy. The result was Audrey Hepburn. Even with those high standards, I think they actually over-achieved by creating her!

I still believe this is true!! Other than being the most elegant woman ever, she is also a very good actor. This despite Emma Thompson previously saying that "Audrey Hepburn was twee, mumsy, and really couldn't act" (read that story here). You're a great actress yourself Emma, but I overwhelmingly disagree with you on that matter.

I've mentioned above that she made some great quotes throughout her life. Here are a few of them below. I particularly love the last one as I share the same feelings too.

Photo taken from here

Photo taken from here
Photo taken from here

10 comments:

  1. What perfect pictures you found for today!!! How fun. I am going to check out your favorite Star Wars characters... that post sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! But then again when it comes to Star Wars, there's a gazillion photos available on the net... we just need to pick the ones we like!

      Delete
  2. i'm not as a big of a fan like my big brother is ...but i do love watching em star wars flick ..my fav was Jedi ...Ewoks rules my world ehehehe.
    So which flick you watched yesterday? Aku sempat layan Sith ... ingat lagi tgk wayang Sith ...best seh..but melayan balik ...Hayden Christensen sangat ...*sigh* .. one day i would love to have a Star Wars poster mounted up my tv room (belum wujud lagi) ...any of the flicks ..oklah except Menace ..but yg pasti nak those posters yg cam drawing tu..

    as for Audrey ...the only flick I've watched and remembered of her is My Fair Lady and that's it...but she is a beauty...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smlm sempat layan Episode IV: New Hope je... time constraints... I love all the three of the original trilogy... but if forced to pick just one as a favorite... it'll be a new hope... the original Star Wars... just because it introduced my to that mesmerizing world... ewok, ada org x suka tapi aku sgt suka!! How can you not like ewoks?

      My Fair lady is actually film that Emma Thompson based her opinion that Audrey can't act....

      Delete
    2. emma thompson said that? wow mean...
      anyway brooooooooooooo! tgk apa aku nampak
      rm20 jer...sukar nak dipercayai...

      http://www.mudah.my/Return+of+the+jedi+movie+poster-27133844.htm

      Delete
    3. It is indeed very mean...

      Weh, cool seh poster tuh! Beli bro, beli! :)

      Delete
  3. Ahahaha, what a hilarious and fun combination of Hepburn and Star Wars. Great find w/ those images Asrap. I love her, she's such an iconic beauty. Heh, I like Emma Thompson too but I disagree w/ her on that too, sometimes she's too outspoken for her own good I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, both are classic and iconic :)

      Audrey is indeed an iconic beauty. Emma is a great actress and entitled to her opinion. But I completely disagree.

      Delete
  4. Love Audrey Hepburn, and love her quotes! Still need to see more of her films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's an inspiring woman, even in her latter years with all the humanitarian work she's done. I've still a few of her movies I haven't seen too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...